Thursday, April 28, 2005

i haven't blogged here yet, but thought i'd give it a shot today. i guess this is more "hoover friend" oriented anyway. i'll rant and rave about plastic oil filter caps on the other site. anyway, so lastnight i decide to change my oil. long story short, without mentioning the rushed trip to home depot [thanks b] and the perils of using a 12" adjustable wrench on ABS plastic and guessing what 25nm of torque is, using said adjustable wrench...ugh..where was i? ah yes, the ugh part. so here i sit in the garage with a car gushing oil from a hairline crack, floor already covered in oil from a miscalculated placement of the oil drain pan...frustrated, dirty, tired...really angry and feeling like a failure. and my baby comes home. i'm feeling embarrassed b/c i made such a mess and topped off what will probably be a $200 oil change once it's all said and done [the replacement part is only $40...phew]...cranky, crabby hating life....

i just wanted to say thanks babe. you came home, had a HUGE smile...and made me feel better about everything that was bothering me. in the past i probably would have bashed a hole in the garage wall with my newly acquired 12" wrench...grabbed a beer or two and been stewing about it for a week...but one look, one smile, one hug and a little bit of beer and all is good in the automotive portion of my life.

i don't say it enough but thanks...you're the only person i have ever met that can calm me down when i get all wound up about something. and even though i rarely show how stressed or frustrated i am [at least to everyone in my life but you] i really do get seriously rattled about little things and dwell on the little details for much longer than i would consider healthy.

i could go on and fill pages of thank yous for everything else you do/have done for me...but other people read this and i don't think they want to hear how thankful i am that you wax my toes [oops]. seriously tho, i love you babe, you've truly changed me as a person.


3 Comments:

  • friend, are you trying to make me cry at 10:16am!! i love u so much!


    By Blogger baby bee, at 10:17 AM  

  • Hey Lisa and Dwayne! This is Sara (and John), and I thought I'd leave a message on ya'll's blogs to say what's up :) We need to hang out sometime. Shoot me an email at saragirl@starpower.net TTYL!


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:44 PM  

  • PS FYI: Frank's friends from the bday party -- sorry to take up blog space -- you can delete this once you get it?


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:46 PM  

Post a Comment
Hoover Friends Home Page